Sunday

Another Football Sunday

Sundays have started to become one of my favorite days of the week this semester. Not only for the fact that there is no department at school threatening me not to sign my lecture book for not showing up for class. But the FOOTBALL !!!

Yes, me and the icelandic boys play every sunday at this artificial field owned by the university. Every weekend the quality of football is getting better and better. I can say personally that my touch is getting better by the week. Not to talk about the over all form of the group the first sunday way played, it was a lot of huffing and puffing all over the place and shear luck if 3 passes were completed within one team.

So now I start dreaming again about joining a club in Iceland to see if I still have what it takes to play at a high level... As embarrasing and ridicilous it is I have lost some sleep over this.

Not that I regret the decision of becomming a doctor, but it feels often like an unfished task. Or I think the main problem is how I left the sport back in the day.

I was a big player on my High School football team back in Florida, god knows what year. But I had to return to Iceland for my senior year and was not able to finish that stage and to move on to the College lever where I already had some offers from small Colleges. But I allow myself to wonder what kind of offers I would have received if I played one more year ....

I think in these situations it is hard to make everything work out, all the pieces must fall into place at the right time, health, money, visas and family.

Now that im pushing 27 next october I think its best I keep my focus on the medical books. Im sure I can have a enjoyful, respectable and fulfilling career doing this.

Speaking of which I must return to reading the phone book, oh I mean the microbiology book...

r.mar