Tuesday

Hungarian Beauty

Yes, it is time again for me to reflect on yet another aspect of this beloved country. This time I want to shed light on the female population. In my 3 years here I have seen quite the number of women that is at school, on the street and at the bars.

But I tell you with the rising sun and higher temperatures these girls just seem to get hot all over. You start asking yourself "where did that come from ?".

To explain myself and this phenomenon; it seems that the hungarian bodies are a force to be reckoned with. So genetically the girls here are thin with small arms, which is quite a feminine look. Luckily for us guys the western wave has not reached this part of the world where young girls are getting fatter and fatter the more west you go. Here we still enjoy the slimness of the east.

But where are these girls in winter ???

I belive that these thin finesse bodies are hidden under an old thick winter coat with a oversized home knitted scarf all over the place. I must comment that the fashion here is not what I am used to in my parts of the world and frankly fashion is not up to par. That does not include everyone but for the most part yeah... The reasoning for this lack of fashion, since hungary is a lot closer to Paris or Milan than Iceland, I can only think of two reasonable things 1) local taste or 2) economics.

With their bodied covered all that is exposed is the face, which I cant say is bad, but just very far from what I grew up seeing. The girls I grew up with considering beuatiful had high cheekbones, blonde hair and blue eyes. But it definetly not safe to conclude that I am unpleased with the situation, because beauty is to be found here too, just a different flavor.

If I had to choose one thing and one thing only for the female population here would be to learn another language, preferably english but just any other that you can speak. I could care less about a 30 page essay without a single grammatical error just hold up a conversation.


róbert mar

comments welcome from all, hungarians alike