Monday

Worms

Yes, the topic of my next test is worms.... or I could name a few genus and some technical shit but no one woud follow.

But microbiology has not been one of my favorites during this year. For me it seems to be focused on who can remember the most at each given time. I have been doing ok at this game but once you feel that the next day all is going to be forgotten its hard to force yourself to study.

On top of that the material for this test is viruses and worms. And reading about these worms and other critters that harbour our bodies, suck our blood, destroy our cells and grow to great lengths in the intestines... Just gives me the creeps. Just to clarify I am not one to be called sensitive but when the clinical diagnosis involves thing like uncoiling a meter long worm from the skin, larvae in the perianal region and worms swimming in the vitrum of the eye... I just get the chillz.

Luckily for the most part these parsites are found in remote places around the worls where sanitazion is poor and medicine is not available.

Even the black and white illustrations in the book are kinda scary, you see this worm with hooks, four mouths and flagella... ontop of that its a hermaphrodite which can reproduce by itself given the right conditions...

How is that for a bed time story...

r.mar