Sunday

First day of school..

Tomorrow will be my first day of school here at the University of Iceland. I get to be the new boy in town all over again, which is rather strange since im starting my 4th year of medicine. But none the less im really excited about this.

First 3 weeks are going to be lectures in Radiology, ENT and Haematology. After this there will be a test in ENT. Lucky for me i will not have to sit the Clinical Biochemistry since i have already completed that course. That is going to give me few more hours of sleep or more time at the gym in the first weeks.

After this I have chosen to begin with the Internal Medicine block which will last the following 10 weeks. This format is going to suit me well, start everyday at 8 in the morning with a morning meeting in the appropriate deparment. Do rounds and ward work until about 4 o´clock.

Its really unfortunate that I have not been able to blogg this summer while experiencing so many things in the Ob&Gyn clinic this summer. I will definetly throw in some stories but im afraid they are not going to have as much emotion and exhileration as if I had just experienced the events. I dont know what the problem was but for some reason i was not able to add entries from the computers at the hospital nore from home.

I will make sure to keep it up, because im experiencing so many first with new adventures, jobs, roles and what not...

back to blogging
róbert mar