Friday

One More Week...

I have one more week of studying, my last exam is next thursday. It has been a challenging 2 months and im ready for it take an end. I must admit that I have learned more in these months than I ever could have imagined.

Now im really starting to feel the long term affect of this. I am only able to sudy about 8-10 hours a day (with plentiful breaks of course), after that I am completely dead. This world cup has really been keeping me alive or something to break up the day. The deal is that I watch one game a day and its the sunshine of the day.

Speaking of sunshine, the weather here has been just lovely everyday, as I enjoyt the suns´s rays through the big glass window of the library. This heat reminds me of the good ole days when I lived in Florida.

One problem that started this week is that I can´t sleep. I can be lying in bed to tired to go to sleep. Now I find this phenomenon quite interesting. I hope this is not a sign for what is to come for the rest of the exam period. I do feel the stress of this last test comming up but not to the point I shouldn´t be able to sleep. All I can do is study everday until the test and see how far that gets me.

Now I have been reading more about the things im intersted in, mostly concerning the subject of pathology. While sinking myself into this endless subject its the oncology that interests me most. Cancer is truly an amazing progression of how perfectly healthy cells can turn against its master and end in death. Sure enough all kinds of questions have been popping up in my head about this cancerous formation. The worst seems to be that the situation is so complex I am not able to find the answers myself, have no one to ask or confer with, or the most striking NO one knows.

There is a lot left to answer in the progression of tumors and their treatment. Im really confident my boys back home in Iceland, Decode Genetics, will be able to provide some major pieces to the puzzle.

now if that I could just fall asleep....


sleepy,
r.mar