Saturday

University of Iceland

Now for the biggest news ever to be published on this little blogg ...

I will be in Iceland for the next year, yes you read it here first. I have officially been accepted by the Erasmus program to travel back to my home country and continue my medical studies there. So for the 2006-2007 school year I will be at the University of Iceland.

It was made offical two weeks ago, I have not quite realized this since I have been studying hard for my final exams for one month now with 3 more weeks to go. I am really excited about returning to Iceland.

The University of Iceland was my first choice but after not scoring in the top 48, I ended up in Debrecen, Hungary. It has been a great 3 years here and im going to miss it for sure. But I believe that my clinical practice in Iceland is really going to pay off. On the other hand im thrilled about being able to experience the University life in Reykjavík. For those who dont know my story, I have lived in the USA for almost 9 years. So I felt it was time to get back to my roots and live the life in my nations capital. I have never lived in Reykjavík before and I believe its going to be great experience.

Another fact is that even if I decide to work in Iceland in the future its going to be while before that happens. I still have 3 more years of the general medicine program, of that one spent in Iceland. After that it will be time to specialize, which I have no idea what to specialize in or where to do it. As of now USA, England and Scandinavia are all good options. And knowing myself as good as I do I will propably end up chooseing a nice lengthy specialty.

So for friends here in Hungary, it has been a great time and experience and I will be back before you know it. For friends in Iceland be on the lookout for me to return and stay for a while. And for my new colleagues in Iceland that I look forward to meeting.... Im sure that I will make new friends in Iceland that will be able to share this nerdy medical humor that has been developing for the past 3 years.

please comment as you please about this vibrant confirmation


icelandic,
róbert mar