Sunday

Haematology

Another week starting tomorrow and another department. This week I will spending in the Haematology department. Im hoping for an interesting week. Not to sound too crazy but some of the blood diseases and cancers I find really interesting.
I made change in my schedule to be able to this dept since in the 14 weeks in Internal Medicine I dont have time to go to all departments.

Who would have imagined that all that histological and clinical biochemistry was going to come in so handy but that is what is going to make this week so much fun. So for those young doctors out there or med students just hang in there. There seems to be a purpose for all the sour moments we have to endure in the long medical education.

Here in Iceland there is much attention paid to the clinical aspects but in my case it feels so good to actually know the disease down to the biochemistry. It must be stated that the details and specificity of my med school is so much greater than possibly 10 years ago. It seems we know so much more and the technology and research just keep getting better.

This post might not be so interesting for the common reader so I decided to throw in a pic and a sign to what is to come. My plan for growing old is playing golf with friends, fishing, driving a big luxury car and drinking whiskey.

And all this while wearing a hat, here is my preview