Tuesday

Radiology

Now that X-rays, CT´s, MRI´s and US are behind me I can look forward to more clinical days ahead. This week was really interesting and can I thank my classmates for most of the fun.

It seems that some of the radiologist that they hide down in the basement in a type of quaranteen develop some a rather specific characteristic. Some could easily call boring.

The quote of the week would have to be the introductory meeting in Domus Medica, where one of the heads made this bold statement "the clinic is dead..."

I was quite shocked to hear this even though I had been warned or been told this story from the previous group. How on earth could this guy be so arrogant and even ignorant to speak these words about his collegues work. Even though radiology has been growing a great deal in the United States, in the fear of lawsuits of course, it is by no means rational to say that your experience and gut feeling has no value, even though not very scientific....

I thought at some time that I could consider radiology but this one week did not do that dream any good. Just felt that there was no one there inspiring or marketing this field. At one moment the question was popped "Why do you think no one is interested in Radiology in Iceland, unlike many other countries?"

I for once chose not to specualte verbally about this matter. I guess im getting more and more political with age ???

No-Ray
róbert mar