Friday

Ob & Gyn exam

With the least amount of preparation for a final exam ever I enevitably had to show this thing. As explained in my previous posting life has been a little hectic lately. So all this turmoil had a serious effect on my preparations for this final. But with my senseless taste of irresponsibility I at some point figured that I just had to wing this one. I know for an outsider any doctor winging an exam is not a real comforting thought.

So I had no time to study, all I could do after the clinics was sleep and ontop of these two I have no interest in becomming an Ob&Gyn doctor. So if you add up these 3 you get a whole lot of just skimming throuhg notes and books without much serious studying. Im not saying that I didn read, but in comparison to other big exams where i spend a number of days without interuption in preparation this sound highy irresponsible.

I had gathered some info about the exam settings, here goes:
8 different stations, 20 min each and of those:
5 clinical cases oral (14pts each)
2 written questions (10pts each)
1 video with short answer questins (10pts)

max points 100, 50 minnimum.

So in my head im thingking; I have spent 7 weeks there this summer, but that was 9 weeks ago. Then I was like HEY, if I didnt get the take home message in 7 weeks then im just an idiot, so here goes.

I put on a nice shirt and just show up as informed to do. I completely amaze myself, each station better than the next. The written ones were not that great, considering that I did not care to write too much... hihih
Video was of a laparoscopy which was almost a dead give away, not that the professors had any intention of making this really hard.

So with some critical self evaluation I scored 74 points. Now that put a big fat smile on my face because this was a real test of what you can do for real. Real situations where you decide what to do for these women, find out whats wrong and treat them all the way from pregnancy to birth, cancer to cure and etc...


OB&GYN completed, but not my bag Baby
róbert mar