Wednesday

Cardiology

This department has a taken a turn for the better. Before starting I had big expectations and was really looking forward to these two weeks, but after the headless run around on monday I didnt know what to expect. The patients were too many and all over the place.

Today a new cardiologist shows up and is going to lead the team for the next 2 weeks. Straight from america, where the program is all about organization, and ready to work with us. I was learning from the first second he started to speak.

So now im looking forward to this time again...


I had a rather dissapointing afternoon, initially I had planned to take an extra shift at the nursing home. Since I terribly need money and especially since its getting close to x mas a month which inevitably is always more expensive than the others. Im usually very organized and have a real good idea of where im going to be and doing for the next weeks. For some reason I decide to take a second look at my work plan for the hospital in Keflavík, only to find out that I am supposed to work at two places at the same time.

Ontop of that I usually have to skip some part of the program at the hospital which concerns the departments and other lectures. That can be rather upsetting since we are only 19 on the Internal Medicine program, its often obvious when there are no shows and of course I misss other important educational stuff too.

So when I arrive in Keflavík Hospital after clearing the other shift, everyone seemes surprised to see me. I start wondering what is so interesting and then of course it comes to light that the shift had been changed at some point and I was not on.... Thanks !!!!

I was a little glad to be able to go back home but not the 50km back for nothing... I made a good day out of it and stopped by my mom´s place. Sure enough she was able to make it much better by pulling out a frozen cheesecake all the way from the Cheescake Factory in Boston. For those of you that have not heard or tried this lustful restaurant I recommend putting it on the "to do list"

r.mar