Thursday

My Dad





Family is a funny thing, that is when you are born you are dealt a hand which is your family. Then forever after they keep on being your family. So you should learn to love them, live with them and appreciate their qualities and faults.

I feel I was dealt a good hand in this respect, my family is not big but its a lot of quality.

Today is my fathers 48th birthday and I would like to use this opportunity to thank him for being my dad. I would not trade him in for any other dad or model. Now as I grow older im starting to see better and better how much we are alike in many respects.

I was lucky enough to spend a month with him in the USA last august. He lives in Virginia Beach and I dont get to see him that often, so it was great to spend time with him. He really loves to work so of course on my vacation there I spent most of my time working with him everyday. Its nice to have a young dad, today he is 48 and later this year I will be 27, so the age gap is not as big as for many of my friends, just imgaine if I had a 6 year old son today...

Being that young of a parent must have been tough, but I feel he did a very good job at it. Just look at me now, seemed to have turned out just fine.

Just looking at some of the pictures I was putting in I was quickly reminded of how much fun wa had together, I mean how many guys can go out drinking, jetskiing, working and traveling with their dad´s ? Im a lucky guy to have a cool dad !!!

Dad, I hope you can come visit me soon over here in Hungary so I can show you around and how I live. Happy birthday and I love you.


your son,
róbert mar















p.s. it feels a little funny to write this in english, since we communicate solely in icelandic. And also going through the pictures, I sae some that are not appropriate for this site, that is just how cool my dad is....

r.mar