Tuesday

Competition Completed

Well no more school this year, wow that sounds great. I did the autopsy competition this morning and it was quite interesting.

Personally I was really pleased with my cutting if you will. There was really no fault in my work but once Szölloszi showed up in the end, waited 30 mins, it was short and sweet. Show me adrenal glands, pancreas, hepatic duct, and one whats this ?

It was all over....

Not to mention that the body I was working on was an elderly man with Chronic Lymphoblastic Leukemia. For those of you that dont get the medical jargon, we are talking about a serious long lasting Cancer of the bone marrow and the resulting effects. This case had serious metastasis and the whole body was infiltrated.

Not to mention the liver which weighed 3.5 Kg instead of 1.5 usual. And the spleen was 10 times the normal size of 150 g weighing up to 1.5 kg. Yeah just imagine tumbling that around on the autopsy table...

r.mar